Ugly Fish Dinner title animation

 
Title design development. My main sources of inspiration include OMORI, Adventure time, Bojack Horseman and Regular show. I wanted the title to fit back to the story thematically so I tried to incorporate different aspects and themes into the titles design

The final design chosen for the title

Cleaned title design. It features hand drawn rounded letters with a drop shadow border, a wave using gradients of teal blue and rising bubbles coloured using the colour from the wave layer above. This title design took the biggest amount of inspiration from OMORI however I toned down the design so the main focus would be on the words of the title.

Image source: https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/how-to-create-line-boil-animations/

In terms of animation the title would have a boil to give it a sense of motion while still being easy to read/not too distracting. I also wanted to try to animate the rising bubbles and add movements to the waves inside of the lettering.

As I animated the rising bubbles  had to keep in mind what colour of the wave was underneath so I could choose the right tone for the bubbles.

The bubbles were animated on top of the  wave and text movement, however there were some areas where the bubbles overlapped the outlines of the letters. I decided to use a clipping mask to cut the edges of the bubbles off, then proceeded to copy the lineart over the clipped bubble layers and add the drop shadow from the concept art 

finished title animation



Comments