Internship Showreel and Cover letter

 Emma Katherine Mitchell 

82 Marine Parade
Bluff, Southland, 9814 
(027) 2179867 

Friday 18th June, 2021 



Hi, I am writing to apply for the positions of Frame by Frame 2D Animator and/or Background Artist. I am interested in either of these positions to contribute my illustration and animation skills to the project and the team. This year I am continuing my third year of studies at the Southern Institute of Technology for a Bachelor's degree in Screen Arts. I am familiar with the animation programs Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Storyboard, with experience gained throughout years of study at the Southern Institute of Technology.  I also have Digital illustration skills in several art programs, including Adobe Photoshop and Clip Studio Paint. My illustration skillset also allows me to work quickly and to mimic a variety of art styles, which I believe will be a useful asset in working in a uniform artstyle across the project to create a polished and consistent style of animation.  I believe my skills will be effective to aid in the creation of a 2D animated cartoon marketed towards children, and I hope to be able to make a positive contribution as part of the internship. Throughout this first semester I have worked in a collaborative team environment within Fairy Bread Productions in roles including Character Artist, Storyboard Artist and 2D Animator. This has lead to improved skills in communication, the ability to work effectively in a faced paced group setting, attention to detail, time management and multitasking skills. I am hoping to help provide towards a positive work environment and learn valuable skills from this internship opportunity. 


For this internship I would be willing to work for up to 300 hours, however any amount of work hours below this would also be suitable.


Thank you for considering my application for the roles of Frame by Frame 2D Animator and Background Artist.

  

Yours sincerely, 
Emma Mitchell 




Petia.wilson@maddmessenger.com





Comments